[OS X TeX] Sente - New bibliographic app

Jim Lewis columcille at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 10:17:08 EDT 2004

Kyle Johnson wrote,

Kyle Johnson wrote on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:11:56 -0400

> I also switched from Endnote to Bookends a couple years ago when I
> started using LaTeX. The author is indeed very responsive to
> suggestions, and has already gone a ways in making it useful for LaTeX
> users. I'm sure he would respond to the need for additional fields,
> mentioned in an earlier post. It's got a simple, and fast, interface
> that I like -- I prefer it to Bibdesk for its speed. I maintain my
> 3000+ references in Bookends and then periodically run its built-in
> utility for generating a .bib file. When I want to cite something in a
> document I'm writing, I switch over to Bookends, search for it, push a
> button and it automatically inserts the \cite tag in the source
> document.

I know this is an old thread; please forgive my returning to it. I've
been out of the country and am just now catching up on my TeX  on Mac
OS X digests. I would like to add one further note to Kyle's remarks.
To generate a bibtex database one "scans" the document: BookEnds looks
for the \cite commands and labels and puts together the .bib document
and the bibliography. However, if you print the bibliography Bookends
converts your \cite commands and labels into bracketed footnote
numbers. The only way to avoid this is not to print the bibliography.
Leave it in the clipboard and then paste. Am I right about this, Kyle?

Jim Lewis

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>