[OS X TeX] distiller barfs on the output of dvips

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 11:03:36 EDT 2004

I get quite a lot of .ps files generated by dvips, which I need to
convert to pdf. TeXShop and Preview have separate mechanisms for doing
this, but I sometimes need an alternative, e.g. because they are too
slow, the output file is too big, etc. I have Acrobat Professional, but
Distiller always crashes when given PostScript that came from dvips.
Recently I obtained some files that I could only convert to PDF via
some Windows software.

Do other people have this problem with Distiller, or could it be a
problem with my set-up?

Larry Paulson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>