[OS X TeX] From Textures to XeTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Oct 14 08:05:08 EDT 2004

Le 14 oct. 04, à 13:57, stephenmoye at cox.net a écrit :

> Is there a utility (or BBEdit or Alpha or whatever) script that will
> convert the
> things like \`e and \c \"u etc to è, ç and ü? I have a ton of files
> that need this
> sort of massaging. Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

You can do this, but it's not strictly necessary. If you use the
package utf8accents.sty by Ross Moore, posted to the XeTeX list, it
will convert all TeX accents to their UTF-8 equivalents during typeset.
You don't need to change your files other than adding:

\usepackage{utf8accents}

at the beginning. The last version (0.4) was posted on 11 October.

It's also no longer necessary to convert special TeX ligatures to their
UTF-8 equivalents, like --, --- to – and —, the latest version of XeTeX
(0.88) does this automagically (no special package required).

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>