[OS X TeX] TeX Live 2003 vs 2004

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Oct 15 19:53:19 EDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 01:34, ADITYA D TRIVEDI wrote:

> I was wondering if there are reasons to prefer the new TeX Live 2004
> structure to the older one.

Not so much the structure, but what is in it is newer and better.

> When I upgrade, Should I uninstall gwTeX and reinstall with the new
> 2004 directory structure? Also, how does one uninstall gwTeX?

Just installing the new package should work. Uninstalling: open the TeX
i-Package and choose uninstall ;-)

> While I am at it, are the packages going to be same as in the previous
> releases or more are being added. For instance, I have beamer in my
> ~/Library/texmf/tex folder. Should I be concerned about such
> conflicts?

Not much. If you have installed the new one, you can remove beamer in
your ~/Library/texmf. Or you can leave it there it will be found first.
The one I ship is pretty new.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>