[OS X TeX] OT: TeX on windows

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Mon Oct 18 23:33:11 EDT 2004

Hi Stephan,

> I use TeXnicCenter (and WinEdt) on windows and dont have such
> problems. Did you install the latest version of TeXnicCenter (6.21 i
> think)? Also, what version of Acrobat (Reader I presume) do you have
> installed? I have Acrobat Reader 6 and havent had any issue.

WinEdt would be the best - as it just works, but I guess your
university is not ready to pay for that...

After some testing, I ended up with http://www.winshell.de/ - it is is
not that feature rich as WinEdt but it is free and works out of the
box. The students should use dvi as their output-format while working
as this makes inverse search possible. You need to modify the
preferences to get inverse search with YAP, Miktex's DVI-viewer.

good luck

daniel

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>