[OS X TeX] Tabular/array macros

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Oct 21 07:28:51 EDT 2004

Le 21 oct. 04, à 11:57, Jérôme Laurens a écrit :

> Le 21 oct. 04, à 11:07, Jan Hegewald a écrit :
>

>> Am 21.10.2004 um 08:43 schrieb Will Robertson:
>>
>>> By the way, Jerome, TeXShop has a "goto line" applescript command,
>>> but I couldn't find anything similar in iTeXMac.
>>
>> Just type the line you want into the line field at the bottom left of
>> an editor window.
>
> He certainly wants to do that from an apple script.
>
> Unfortunately, what was the solution is definitely broken.
> I am trying to write a patch to solve this problem.
> More news coming soon.

Ok the patch was easier to write than expected and is available at
itexmac.sourceforge.net.

the applescript syntax is

tell application "iTeXMac" to edit "the/full/path" at line nnn

for the viewer you have

tell application "iTeXMac" to display "the/full/path" at line nnn
column in source "the/path/of/the/source"

of course, this one complies with pdfsync if that makes sense. Both are
expected to comply with external editors and viewers

There are also shell commands for that:

~/Library/TeX/bin/iTeXMac edit -file "filename" -line lineNumber
-column colNumber
~/Library/TeX/bin/iTeXMac display -file "filename.pdf " -source
"sourcename.tex " -line lineNumber -column colNumber

and URL schemes for web browsers

file-special://localhost/"filename.tex "; action=edit;line=lineNumber ;
column=columnNumber
file-special://localhost/"filename.pdf ";
action=display;line=lineNumber ; column=columnNumber ; source="Posix
source name.tex "
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>