[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package released

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Oct 23 07:14:30 EDT 2004

On 23 Oct 2004, at 10:59, Martin Stokhof wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the new Package, selected the TeX Live 2004 set up, and
> everything worked like a charm. No problems so far (pdfLaTeX, LaTeX +
> Ghostscript, XeTeX, non-standard fonts), I am really impressed by how
> smoothly everything went. A really great job! Thanks very much Gerben.
>
> One question and one remark:
>
> - Am I suffering from the "new hence faster" illusion, or is
> (pdf)LaTeX really substantially faster?
>
> - The ruby script doesn't do anything for me. The output says:
> TeXTools | /Users/mstokhof/Library/texmf/dvips/pbb.map will be moved
> to /Users/mstokhof/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/pbb.map
> [ snip]
> TeXTools | no files need to be moved
> And indeed nothing changed. Is this the intended behaviour of the
> script?

My misunderstanding. The --force flag is required:

	  ruby
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/scripts/context/ruby/textools.rb
--fixtexmftrees --force ~/Library/texmf

To force a fix of  the texmf.local tree:

	  sudo ruby
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/scripts/context/ruby/textools.rb
--fixtexmftrees --force /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>