[OS X TeX] finding and installing CV styles

John Johnson johajohn at indiana.edu
Thu Oct 28 00:18:49 EDT 2004

I'm looking to re-write my CV, and have found a number of CV packages
on CTAN, but I've never made, nor installed anything to my latex setup
except via Gerben's wonderful i-installer. I'm not a total idiot with
respect to the unix file-system, but even after looking through my
Kopka and Daley, reading the documentation that comes with gwtex, and
going through the contents of what I found on CTAN, I don't really know
how to build and/or install such things.

So, I guess that I'm asking several questions:
1. Is there a preferred CV package for OS X or gwTeX?
2. Is there anywhere where I can find instructions on how to install a
package from CTAN?

More specifically, one of the packages is called CurVe, and I'll use it
as an example. So, I download the curve.dtx and curve.ins files. I'm
supposed to run latex on the .dtx to generate the cls file, or so the
.ins file says. Ok, so I obtain the .cls file and it tells me to
install them "wherever you see fit." That's not really much help for
me.

Pointers, suggestions, or referrals to better/different documentation
would be gratefully accepted.

Later,

John
johajohn at indiana.edu