[OS X TeX] A go at TL 2004

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Oct 29 07:50:18 EDT 2004

On 29 Oct 2004, at 11:36, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Something else I had forgotten to report, related to reinstalling
> TL2004 from scratch: it seems updmap is run several times in sequence,
> which takes a couple of minutes. Moreover, after installing everything
> and putting back my local additions in texmf.local, I run the
> Configure stage again and selected only the "Set ownership" step, to
> make sure everything is owned by root/admin: in spite of this, updmap
> was again run several times at this stage. I'm confused whether it's
> normal or not.

Yes, this is normal. Some parts are run by definition because without
them the system does not work and I cannot reliably determine that they
have been run. I do need to make some additional efficiency changes.

> A possible explanation is that I have added several maps to those
> checked by default: lucidabr.map, lumath.map, mt-yy.map, wolfram.map,
> lm.map, and also the locally added zpeu.map (for Adobe Euro fonts),
> plus all the map files related with CM-Super which I have also
> installed. Does this mean updmap is run once for each .map file not
> belonging to the default setup?

updmap adds map files to the config file without running texhash and
without running the creation of the map files. It then follows with one
run. But this happens a couple of times. For the map files in gwTeX,
for Latin Modern.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>