[OS X TeX] pdfsync and TeXShop

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Fri Sep 3 00:11:59 EDT 2004

On Sep 2, 2004, at 22:44, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> Try restarting the computer.
>
> I noticed similar inconsistent behavior with new latex files created
> after updating to 1.35b (older files pdfsync'ed ok). Restarting seems
> to have fixed the problem. Curiously, I still have one file that does
> not respond to CMD-click on the source file, yet CMD-clic on the pdf
> works(!).

If you have to restart the computer after updating an app like TeXShop,
there is something else seriously wrong.  If an installation supplies a
new shared library (which I don't think TeXShop does), it's possible
that a restart will be required, but otherwise, the installation should
be clean.

In any case, I've narrowed down to a possible cause (it turned out that
not all of my files failed to work with pdfsync), and sent an example
to Dick for his testing.  If he finds the cause, one of us will report
on it (I don't want to start spurious rumors at this point).

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |    Men are from Earth.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>