[OS X TeX] Version 1.35c

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Sep 5 15:35:24 EDT 2004

The error -10660 is (I believe) because the system was trying to launch
an app that was in the trash (which it's not allowed to do). You hadn't
deleted the previous TeXShop, only moved it to the trash. Emptying the
trash or specifically launching the new copy gets around that.

TeXShop shows you an empty window if it fails to read the file using
the chosen encoding. If your old MacRoman file contained non-ASCII
characters, they would almost certainly result in invalid byte
sequences when interpreted as UTF-8, and so the text fails to load.
(Dick, it would be nice if TeXShop gave an alert in this situation.)

HTH,

Jonathan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>