[OS X TeX] parts in fancyhdr?

Hans van Maanen hans at vanmaanen.org
Tue Sep 7 14:50:17 EDT 2004

Hi all --

Here's something I can't seem to manage, and I can't find a FAQ on it.

I am preparing a book in several numbered parts, each with several
unnumbered chapters.
I want my left page header to contain on the left the page number, on
the right the name of the part.
The right page should contain the chapter name, and the page number on
the right.

I can't get it to work with fancyhdr. Starred chapters do not turn up
in the header, and I don't know how to get the part name up there
either.

There must be some tricks I have not yet heard about... Can someone
help me please?

Thanks,

Hans van Maanen

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>