[OS X TeX] TeX wrappers

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 15 07:06:43 EDT 2004

On 15 sep 2004, at 12:41, Jérôme Laurens wrote:

> is the log file sufficient to retrieve the correct environment?
>
> The problem with the log file is that it cannot be parsed
> automatically with 0% error due to its lack of syntax.
> This can pose problems to newbies, and unfortunately, we cannot expect
> everyone leaving sometimes the newbie TeX level...

Why the log file? OK, for TeX it is the only file that will always be
generated, but for LaTeX, the aux file contains all the information you
need, and _it_ has a well defined structure. But for a generic
solution, it is not an option. Parsing the TeX file itself is hard (too
hard?), just manual intervention, and leaving he project file/wrapper
next to the master is the best I think.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>