[OS X TeX] [OT] internet abbreviations...

Jack Kuipers kprs at calvin.edu
Mon Sep 20 17:42:58 EDT 2004

I'm mystified about what I should do at this point --- even though is
seems clear --- I should continue on my reasonably comfortable path
(using TeXShop.v1.34); many thanks to the patient and very helpful,
Dick Koch (I still owe him a Qbook!), etal, on my interminable problem
re: 'inclusion-of-my-nonEPS-graphics' in TeXShop.

Long ago I  became a 'Mac-person.'  I wrote a primer book on
Quaternions and Rotation Sequences  ...with Appl'ns ... , using
TeXTures on Mac OS(6?thru.,9) and   furnished all 400 pages
(camera-ready) to Princeton UP for publication --- which they did in
1999. It is currently in its 5th printing --- which I am
so-very-happy-to-report ---  even overwhelmed.  It has tons of pictures
(drawn by me) and lots of mathematics (written by me), all in TeXTures,
and finally (if I do say so myself) it has a very attractive readable
layout (again, of course, in my view). in TeXtures.

BUT THEN, Mac OSX came along and, as Mac-folks are wont-to-do, I got
myself lulled into the new OSX system, and I liked it; and (although
OS9 is available) I want to get all my TeXtures LaTeX documents working
in TeXShop so, 'God Helping Me,' I hope to offer (as an octogenarian)
some sought-after extensions-to-quaternions in response to readers and
their queries.

I have upgraded to TeXShop 1.35e (confident that Koch, etal, certainly
know what they are doing).  And all, to this point, seems to work fine.
I'm a bit skittish, however, about digging deeper into the i-things'
you more learned-folk discuss with great confidence --- even though I
want to make my changing to TeXShop easier.

I'll stick with TeXShop 1.35e which is working for me and I'll somehow
work through getting the OS9-stuff properly into OSX and TeXShop.

I offer this merely as a State-of-Being in TeXShop. I expect no
response --- except from those who've been-there, done-that, and wish
to comfort me --- the forelorn but happy TeXShop user.

Jack

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>