[OS X TeX] Running makeindex -s from the TeXShop shell

Arthur Ogawa arthur_ogawa at teleport.com
Thu Sep 23 22:50:52 EDT 2004

I run makeindex in a terminal thus:

localhost$ makeindex -s gind myjob

Note: I need to specify a makeindex style (gind.ist) because of the use
of the doc document class in my job.

My question: how can I run this makeindex job from within TeXShop? The
crux issue is, I think, how to tell TeXShop to incorporate the "-s
gind" option, which it does not do by default.

Similar sorts of questions can be raised as well about the other tools
in TeXShop's Typeset menu.

A further question: how does one add a tool to TeXShop's Typeset menu?

Thanks for your attention.

Arthur Ogawa

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>