[OS X TeX] how do I update pdflatex?

Tico Ballagas ballagas at cs.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Sep 24 09:44:27 EDT 2004

Hello-

I'm having trouble including pdf images in my tex file.   Here is the
error that I'm getting:

[4 <./figures/PointAndShoot.pdf, page is rotated 90 degrees>
<./figures/VisualC
ode-CoordinateSystem.pdf>]Error: PDF version 1.5 -- xpdf supports
version 1.4 (continuing anyway)

Error: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex (file
figures
/InteractionTechnique.pdf): pdf inclusion: found pdf version <1.5>, but
at most
  version <1.4> allowed
  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!

It looks as if my pdflatex binary is out of date.  How do I go about
updating this?  I browsed through the i-Installer installations and was
completely unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance
-Tico

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>