[OS X TeX] How do people handle spellchecking in different languages

Hugh Neary neary at econ.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 24 13:14:47 EDT 2004

I found this snippet on a Mac website:

begin{quote}
"Guillaume" offered the solution to yesterday's problem of how to make
Apple's Mail application more multi-lingual:

  Mathieu should just go in the Edit -> Spelling -> Spelling menu (yes,
"Spelling" is there in menu and sub-menu), and, instead of choosing
French or English, just use the "Multilingual" option. It allows one to
use many languages at the same time. This also works for most of Cocoa
applications as well.
end{quote}

In fact I checked in TeXShop and such menu items and such a
multilingual dictionary possibility do seem to be inherited from Cocoa.
I haven't experimented to see how well it does or doesn't work however.

Hugh Neary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>