[OS X TeX] BibTeX macro poll

Jeff Johnson jgjohnso at wisc.edu
Wed Sep 29 07:25:22 EDT 2004

Mike,

In my main .bib file, I use the full syntax around a dozen times,
mostly for journal dates, e.g., "month = jan # {--} # apr".

I'm not sure what you mean by passing complicated macros through
unaltered.  Could you explain?

Here's a suggestion for the GUI.  Each field (author, title, etc.) of
an entry would have one of two text formats.  The default format would
be the current one, no macros.  Perhaps as a menu option, or by
selecting a checkmark, you could use a 'raw source' format, where
everything you type would be exactly as it appears after the "=" in the
.bib file.  To indicate that the format is raw source, the text would
be a different color than the standard black.

--Jeff

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>