[OS X TeX] Images and movies in LaTeX.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Wed Sep 29 18:09:48 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to build up a presatation using the prosper class. Most of
the presentetion will consist in images and movies. After playing a
little bit with prosper hyperref and so on, I've ended up with a some
questions.

1) How can I include tiff or jpeg files directly using graphicx.
Searching the Net for a solution I've found something like this:

\DeclareGraphicsRule{.tif}{eps}{.tif.bb}{`tiff2ps -e #1}

where .tif.bb files are files that contain the bounding box
coordinates. But it doesn't work. :-( Any other suggestions?

2) How can I get movies playback inline, I mean without having
QuickTime Player that opens as a separate application?

3) If I can't get an inline playback, how can I get an image as a link
to start a movie?

4) Last question: Apple Preview seems doesn't show movies nor starts up
Quicktime. Is there a way to fix this? I'd highly prefer to use it
instead of Acrobat Read because I've noticed that it renders images
much better.

I hope that anyone can  help me.

Thanks in advance,
   Andrea.