[OS X TeX] Images and movies in LaTeX.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Thu Sep 30 03:48:50 EDT 2004

On 30 Sep 2004, at 00:27, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 30 sep 2004, at 0:09, Andrea Riciputi wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build up a presatation using the prosper class. Most of
>> the presentetion will consist in images and movies. After playing a
>> little bit with prosper hyperref and so on, I've ended up with a some
>> questions.
>
> Will you use pdflatex or latex+dvips as a basis? I seem to recall that
> prosper didn't really like pdflatex, but I may be mistaken.

I use the latex->dvips->ps2pdf chain that is what prosper manual
recommends. So the conversion from tiff to eps would happen
automatically as described by the rule

\DeclareGraphicsRule{.tif}{eps}{.tif.bb}{`tiff2ps -e #1}

but it doesn't. Why?

>> 2) How can I get movies playback inline, I mean without having
>> QuickTime Player that opens as a separate application?
>
> pdflatex can do this, but be sure to test on the machine you are going
> to use for the presentation: for me it didn't work under Windows.
> You'll have to use Adobe Reader to get it to work.
>
> Pointers to packages that will help you:
> ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/movie15.tar.gz
> http://robotics.caltech.edu/~radford/easymovie.sty
>
> The latter claims to work with latex, but ultimate support depends on
> the dvi -> pdf steps.

I'll look at these packages, but it seems that they all need to be
loaded after hyperref and graphicx, that can be a problem because
prosper load hyperref and graphicx before.

Any other suggestion is wellcome. ;-)

Thanks in advance,
   Andrea.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>