[OS X TeX] a problem with pdftricks

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Fri Apr 1 15:49:49 EST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Sergei Mariev wrote:

> I  installed it about one year ago, in fact it could have been  in may
> or june last year. How can I find out if the the auxiliary utilities
> are there? I would prefer not to upgrade now as I am submitting my
> thesis in on 21 of April, and I just want to be sure that everything
> works the way it has been working so far.

I quite understand.  All pdftricks does is make seperate files for each
pdfpic and processes them in the following order:

latex->dvips->ps2eps->epstopdf

The missing pieces may by ps2eps and bbox.  Type:

which bbox
which ps2pes

You should get something like /usr/local/bin/bbox and
/usr/local/bin/ps2eps as a response.  If nothing is returned, then that
is your problem.  You can get them from here:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/ps2eps/

Just download the tar file and copy ps2eps, which is a perl script and
bbox, which is a c program, to /usr/local/bin.  If you have the dev
tools installed on your computer, then you can look through the source
to make sure that it is not doing anything harmful and then compile the
source e.g. gcc -o bbox bbox.c.  I personally don't like precompiled
binaries, as I am a little paranoid...

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>