[OS X TeX] Chapter Title Page Formatting, Book Class

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 7 05:52:53 EDT 2005

On 7 apr 2005, at 3:00, Jeff Genung wrote:

> You may want to try the memoir class, but I have found a couple of
> peculiars
> with it and chapter name info. One is use of a long chapter name that
> doesn't seem to break right on the chapter page (mainly with
> non-standard
> page sizes), and then if the chapter name is repeated in the header,
> the
> whole thing is repeated in the header, with no way to just use an
> important
> word or two from the chapter name.

Oh yes, there is: the chapter command has two important optional
arguments
in Memoir: one for the table f contents, one for the chapter heading
and the
main argument is used for the title itself. Play with those optional
commands,
and you can get exactly what you want (in fact with far more control
than with
the book class).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>