[OS X TeX] headers and footers

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 9 18:52:09 EDT 2005

On 4/9/05 5:37 PM, "lichtner" <lichtner at lanl.gov> wrote:

> I should be more precise: is there a way to put a box around a multiple
> line footer---it works fine with a single line using \fbox{}, but I
> can't get the box to work with 2 lines.
> ...Peter

Howdy,

The problem is that boxes can only have a single line (or a box that acts
like a single line) inside them. The way you would have to do this is to use
a \parbox inside the \fbox. Unfortunately, you have to set the width of a
\parbox unless you write a macro that checks the width of the individual
lines and makes it the width of the longest line.

Any other (undoubtedly better!) answers? Could \vbox be used?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>