[OS X TeX] What do I miss out on?

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Sun Apr 10 11:15:01 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have been on this list since September last year or so. I have learnt
a lot, and I keep learning a lot from the extremely competent, friendly
and helpful people posting here. Last I learned about the filtering
capacities in BibDesk and just before that, from Marten's hints, about
the comment.sty package which I immediately started using.

A recurring feature is the praising of various editors and previewers,
combinations of them and scripts for making them co-operate. I scan
those mails and think that, hmm, sounds interesting, maybe I should
check that out. Then maybe I download something, open the editor, look
at the menus and do a little more before I start feeling it is getting
complicated and postpone the rest.

Checking out properly requires a fair bit of time investment, and one
doesn't know if it will be worth while. So, I'll take the opportunity to
put the question to the experts on this list:

I am using TeXShop, and I like it a lot. What do I most importantly miss
out on by not using BBEdit, or Emacs, or Alpha(X/TK), or TextWrangler,
or TextMate, or something yet more interesting instead (or as external
editor in combination with)?

Maybe I should add that I also make extensive use of Typeit4me,
CopyPaste and even some use of IKey together with Macros in TeXShop.

Thanks,
Peter
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>