[OS X TeX] Selecting text in TexShop, a bug?

Jonathan Nicholl tex at jnicholl.org
Sun Apr 10 13:50:35 EDT 2005

On 10 Apr 2005, at 18:19, Sergei Mariev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if the following behaviour which I have noticed in my
> TexShop (1.35 (v1.35e) on Mac OS 10.3.7) is a bug or is just something
> installed incorrectly *here*? If I select several lines of text  and
> then try to deselct a portion of the recent selection (i.e. reduce the
> selection) by going backwards, by holding the shift key and pressing
> the arrow button in the opposite direction, I can only do it untill
> some point and then at some point the process of deselecting stops and
> I cannot go any further back. Has any one noticed this behavior? Try
> selecting several lines of text, and then reduce the amount of
> selection by going backwards. For experiment, please do it three or
> four times with different amount of text, as this behaviour is
> observable every second  or so (but not every single) time on my
> mashine.
>
> sergei

Not this problem. (TeXShop 1.35e, Mac OS 10.3.8) TeXShop does, however,
have the usual Cocoa problem: it gets stuck at ligatures. It's the same
in Mail. Select this by pressing shift and the right arrow: some flies
fish differently. Now try to reduce the size of your selection by
pressing shift and the left arrow. If you are using a font which allows
automatic ligature substitution, then you will get stuck at the
ligatures.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>