[OS X TeX] Tabulars

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 13 19:37:58 EDT 2005

On 4/13/05 6:06 PM, "Alain Schremmer" <Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net> wrote:

> I shamelessly pasted your source over mine. It doesn't "help", it "is" it.
>
> But since a good deed need always be punished, let me ask a couple more
> questions.
>
> i. How do I get ragged right text in columns 2, 3, and 4? Companion 2ed
> says I should do it but as I don't really understand your set up, I
> don't see where to put the command. What I tried did not work of course.

Howdy,

Add the \raggedright command at the beginning of each item. If you use the
array package then *{4}{>{\raggedright}p{4cm}} would do that automatically.

> ii. How do I make the first column narrower? I tried to get tabulary to
> do it for me but it does not like {*{4}{p{3cm}}} which would seem to
> make sense since, as far as I understand it, it puts all four columns at
> 3cm.

*{4}{p{3cm}} is just shorthand for p{3cm}p{3cm}p{3cm}p{3cm} so
p{2cm}*{3}{p{3cm}} should do it. Or a similar thing as above with the array
package and \raggedright.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>