[OS X TeX] Tiger & TeX

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Apr 14 07:57:06 EDT 2005

I can't give you a lot of details, but PDF is been massively enhanced
in Tiger:

- The PDF engine in Tiger now supports PDF 1.5, that means support for
annotations, encryption, embedded movies, forms and other niceties in
Preview.

- There's now something called PDFKit which Apple touted as "WebKit for
Preview". I don't know what the exact implications are, but developers
should have much more and easier options when it comes to handle PDFs
in Tiger. AFAIK apps like TeXniScope can benefit from this.

- CoreData makes handling data much easier for developers, this will
bring benefits to apps like BibDesk.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel