[OS X TeX] Tiger & TeX

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Fri Apr 15 17:12:43 EDT 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 14:03, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Justin Walker wrote:
>

>> On Apr 15, 2005, at 7:42, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Be wary of this logic: NDAs often require you not to divulge anything
>> about the subject, including that you are under NDA.  Check with your
>> lawyer :-}.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Justin
>>

> How Orwellian. So the advice to those under an NDA is that the should
> answer "I'm not at liberty divulge that", which clearly divulges that
> they are under such an NDA. My brain hurts. Think of the Lawsuit:
> Apple versus such-and-such. Charge: divulging that they are under an
> NDA by divulging that they can't divulge that they're under an NDA.

Well, it only hurts if you do it hard.  The easy way is to say "I don't
know".  Also, this has nothing, per se, to do with Apple.  This is
fairly common in NDAs, and makes some sense (there is a reason for
non-disclosure, after all; and disclosing that there is an NDA is
disclosure).

Also, keep in mind that there are other downsides to violating NDAs:
you (the guy with the NDA) may not get the opportunity to sign another
one (i.e., you don't get advance copies); and your actions make it
tougher on the rest of us.

Cheers,

Justin

--