[OS X TeX] Q: getting a layout optimized for screen reading?

Michael McCracken michael_mccracken at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 21:52:18 EDT 2005

Hi, can anyone give me advice on generating a screen-optimized PDF of
an article?

I would like to be able to produce versions of articles that are easier
to read on screen.

pdfscreen seems like it is almost what I want, but it has a lot of
features I don't want - I'm not interested in a control panel,
background colors, or any other presentation features.

I want to be able to use the article source without modifying it, and
get a PDF that won't require scrolling vertically on a wide-screen
laptop.

Ideally, it'd display 3 columns for each page, and have each page be in
portrait orientation with an aspect ratio that'll fit nicely on a
screen:
a 4:3 aspect ratio is probably best, although if I could get that and
13:9 also, that'd be great.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

-mike

--
     Michael McCracken
     michael_mccracken at mac.com