Thanks!! Re: [OS X TeX] plea for help with TeX bibliographic databases: the humanities, and unicode

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:27:08 EDT 2005

I'd just like to quickly thank everyone who so generously offered
suggestions on bibliographies for the humanities.

After spending quite a bit of time looking at the various options, it
seems to me that probably the best solution -- again for humanities
publications using multiple languages and so requiring unicode -- is
the combination of Bookends, BibDesk, jurabib, and XeTeX.

At present, I will, unfortunately, probably have to continue to work
with EndNote, natbib, and LaTeX, until I have time for all the
necessary conversions and upgrades.

But I very sincerely appreciate all the advice! Now I have an idea
where I'm eventually going ...

Best,

Roger

********************************

Roger Hart
Assistant Professor, Departments of History and Asian Studies
University of Texas at Austin

office: Room 405, Garrison Hall
office phone: 512-475-7258
department fax: 512-475-7222