[OS X TeX] Glossary did not work ?!?

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 10:47:06 EDT 2005

--- Ueliisa Wenger <ueliisa at gmx.ch> wrote:

> But the Glossary funktionality will not work. TexShop "compiles" the
> documents with an error "TeX Error glossary.sty not found" and only
> the
> Glosssary Header is shown. all other entrys does not work.
> I looked for the "glossary.sty" and copied it to the TeX Folders as
> it
> written in the readme but it still won't work ...

The README is not very specific, but there are two logical places to
put the glossary.sty (and other glossary.*) file(s). The first being in
the
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/glossary/ directory (~ means your home
directory, you probably need to create the glossary directory). The
other would be in the
/usr/local/teTex/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/glossary/ directory. (In
both cases putting it in a separate glossary directory is not really
necessary). If you do the second of these you would have to type

sudo texhash

from a terminal in Terminal.app (not needed in the first case). If
that's what you did, and it still doesn't work, then more work will be
needed to figure out what's wrong.

MarkA