[OS X TeX] viewing printing TexShop pdf on a PC

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Apr 28 12:03:25 EDT 2005

On 28 Apr 2005, at 4:56 pm, Peter Lichtner wrote:

> I am having a problem with viewing and printing a .pdf file on a PC
> created with TeXShop on a Mac. Everything works fine on the Mac, but I
> sent the pdf file to two people using a PC who could not print it and
> one had problems viewing it. Any suggestions on how to fix this would
> be appreciated.

The PDF file probably wasn't really created by TeXShop itself but by
the tex engine or driver you're using (pdftex, dvipdfm, xetex, etc).
But that may be beside the point.

Suggest they try an older version of Acrobat Reader; I've seen quite a
lot of compatibility problems with Reader 6 (don't have much experience
with 7 yet). I recommend version 5 most of the time.

Using the "Print as Image" option in the Print dialog may also help, in
desperate cases.

JK

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>