[OS X TeX] Code folding

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Thu Aug 4 10:59:06 EDT 2005

@ 16:27 on 4.8.05, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>>additional "structural view" of the document might be as good as, or
>>preferable to folding ?

>Here, I don't "see" what you have in mind.

You snipped me there a bit. I was just thinking out loud: *If* one had:

        markers (a la functions) which are navigable (including via
keystrokes)

and:

        some kind of extra view of the document (maybe a drawer, maybe
an extra window, maybe something else ?)

...would folding still be desirable/necessary ?

To provide some context, there are a couple of OS X apps, that I am
aware of, that provide all three (i.e. folding, structure navigation and
a separate structural view): Omnioutliner and oXygen. Some that provide
two (e.g. TextMate (markers and folding)) and others with (at the
moment) only one (e.g. BBEdit (only has markers)). I reckon that having
all three is not really necessary.

So another way of looking at my question is: Which two from the three is
the most appropriate combination for ((Xe)(La|Con))TeX(t) work ?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>