[OS X TeX] Code folding

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu Aug 4 17:57:48 EDT 2005

Mark Smith wrote:

>Just to be clear, I'm not advocating either OmniOutliner (OO) or oXygen
>as a TeXShop substitute (though there is a nice XSLT-based plugin for OO
>for ConTeXt - thanks to Adam Lindsay). I was just using them as examples
>of apps that have all 3 of these "features". (1) Folding, (2) a seperate
>"tree" (in the case of oXygen) or "outline" (in the case of OO) view
>*and* (3) a facility to navigate between "marked structural elements"
>via the keyboard.

You were really quite clear. When I said that I wasn't going to let go
of TeXShop it was only because I don't know how one uses OO or oX in
conjunction with TeXShop and so I thought I would look them up.

>The point of it all was to see whether people would still want/need
>folding in TeXShop *if* it had some other means of displaying the
>document structure and an enhanced facility to use the keyboard to
>define and jump to/between important "nodes" in documents and/or
>projects.

In other words, you are wondering if Koch shouldn't be working said
"other means". Well, as I said, I am not familiar with anything other
than MSWord's outliner mode so I will stay out of the vote.

Regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>