[OS X TeX] LaTeX Equation Editor, LaTeXiT and XeTeX

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Fri Aug 5 09:10:22 EDT 2005

Hello,

>> Can LaTeX Equation Editor and/or LaTeXiT be used with XeTeX? If
>> so, how do I direct the tool to use XeTeX?
> ! LaTeX Error: File `osxfonts.sty' not found.
> because:
>     cd /private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems && pdflatex  -file-line-
> error -interaction nonstopmode /private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/
> latexit-1.tex > /private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/latexit-1.err
>     This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.0-rc2-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> So we find that LaTeXiT does not work with XeLaTeX.

I personnaly do not use xetex, so I did not test it with LaTeXiT. But
it seems absolutely possible for me to add its support. I just have
to now which is the good command line to run.
What would be the equivalent of
> pdflatex  -file-line-error -interaction nonstopmode
?

However, I do not really understand the error :
> ! LaTeX Error: File `osxfonts.sty' not found.
Is this related to the default preamble ? Perhaps xetex does not
support the same packages as the ones I use by default. Maybe it
would just work by changing the preamble ?

One more thing : xetex seems not to be available neither in i-
installer, nor on fink. How could I test it myself ?

Regards,

Pierre

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>