[OS X TeX] Two issues -- need help

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Aug 7 20:18:28 EDT 2005

I would recommend to define a \newtheorem "example", then you don't
have to worry about numbering. Here are the definitions I use with
amsmath - insert your own spaces.

Claus

\newtheoremstyle{normal}% name
   {\cba}%      Space above, empty = `usual value'
   {\cba}%      Space below
   {}% Body font
   {\thmskip}%Indent amount (empty = no indent, \parindent = para
indent)
   {\bfseries}% Thm head font
   {.}%        Punctuation after thm head
   {\hsk}%     Space after thm head: " " = normal interword space;
         %       \newline = linebreak
   {}% Thm head spec
%

%\swapnumbers
\theoremstyle{normal}
%\newtheorem{abschnitt}[subsection]
\newtheorem{rem}[subsection]{Remark}
\newtheorem{definition}[subsection]{Definition}
\newtheorem{example}[subsection]{Example}
\newtheorem{examples}[subsection]{Examples}
\newtheorem{ex}[subsection]{Exercise}
\newtheorem{note}[subsection]{}
\newtheorem{axiom}[subsection]{Axiom}

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>