[OS X TeX] PDF resolution redux

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Aug 10 06:27:06 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

there has been some discussion on the subject of the resolution of
PDFs created by Pdftex before, but I still have a question. AFAIK
pdftex preserves the resolution of included bitmap graphics, while
fonts are resolution independendent. So far, so good. I'm currently
working on my thesis and have different kind of bitmap graphics, most
of them in quite high resolutions. My problem is that the final PDF
ends up quite big and many pictures actually have a far deeper
resolution than needed. My question: Can I somehow scale down all the
included images to the same dpi, let's say that all images don't go
over 1200dpi?

TIA

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>