[OS X TeX] Version control of documents in TeXShop

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Fri Aug 12 04:50:23 EDT 2005

Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> 2005-08-12 00:44:

> hat said, I still belong to the group of people who wonder why they
> would ever want version control. Given I'm writing mostly single-
> author documents, I consider that for the moment it would take more
> time to learn how this works, install it and customize it to suit my
> needs, than to do things manually as I've ever done.

I you work on the same document with several people, making changes all over
the place, it's a wonderful tool (although I suggest subversion instead).

Also if you work on different computers (home & office) you can easily keep
all the documents up-to-date and discover when you have made changes that
conflicts with each other.

            jem
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se