[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.1 beta

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 17:13:47 EDT 2005

Le 16 août 05 à 20:28, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 16.08.2005 um 18:09 schrieb Pierre Chatelier:
>
>> since I do not have xunicode installed
>
> It's here: http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/ resp.
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/.

These are the repositories for the fontspec package. For xunicode,
you must go at <http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex_related>.

> Put xunicode.sty best into ~/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/. Other places
> are dangerous: installing or re-installing a XeTeX i-Package will
> remove it!

I'm not sure this will work: with the most recent gwTeX setup, /usr/
local/teTeX/texmf.cnf contains

     % XeTeX
     TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
     TEXINPUTS.xetex   = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

telling that, with xelatex,

     ~/Library/texmf/tex/xelatex/
     ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
     ~/Library/texmf/xetex/xelatex/
     ~/Library/texmf/xetex/latex/

will be searched, but not

     ~/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/

This is a change compared with older versions of gwTeX, which contained

     % XeTeX
     TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,latex,generic,}//
     TEXINPUTS.xetex   = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

a setting that is still present in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/
texmf.cnf. Or am I wrong in believing that only /usr/local/teTeX/
texmf.cnf is read while /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
is ignored? Are the two used, and if so which is the one that has
precedence?

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>