[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.1 beta

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Aug 16 19:43:20 EDT 2005

Am 16.08.2005 um 23:13 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> These are the repositories for the fontspec package. For xunicode, you
> must go at
> <http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
> site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex_related>.

Soory I gave the wrong URLs! It's so easy to retrieve the origin of a
downloaded file in Finders file inspector ..

>> Put xunicode.sty best into ~/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/. Other places
>> are dangerous: installing or re-installing a XeTeX i-Package will
>> remove it!
>
> I'm not sure this will work: with the most recent gwTeX setup,
> /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf contains

It works here! Where do you put xunicode.sty that it survives a new
installation of XeTeX?

Here is some code for XeLaTeXiT.sh that works in some simple cases
pretty well:

	#!/bin/sh
	jobname=latexit-1
	xelatex -no-pdf -file-line-error -interaction nonstopmode
${jobname}.tex
	x=`grep Width       ${jobname}.sizes | awk -F\( '{print $1}'`
	y=`grep TotalHeight ${jobname}.sizes | awk -F\( '{print $1}'`
	echo "$x x $y"
	xdv2pdf -p $x,$y -o ${jobname}.pdf ${jobname}.xdv

The TeX source I used is the one Pierre gave here to test the
BoundingBoxes problem. The problems I've seen tonight appear when you
set formulae like

	x = r^2 + \sum_{0}^{100} y^2

or

	\frac{\partial}{\partial x} f(x,y) = \frac{\partial}{\partial y}
f(x,y) = 0

In these cases the height calculated and written to the sizes file are
only 70 or 60 % of the amount actually needed. There too is a little
problem with clipping that needs to be corrected in LaTeX. In the above
cases or in a simple a^2 + b^2 = c^2 the upper regions are cut off, for
example some pixels in the upper arc of the 2 exponents (this can be
corrected with \addtolength{\latexitheight}{4.250000 pt} or some other
value). When I artificially enlarge $y for xdv2pdf it only happens that
the output window reaches deeper, not changing the clipping, as
observed in TeXShop. It looks as if LaTeX is missing some (negative)
offset for this 'window' ...

--
Greetings

   Pete