[OS X TeX] [OT] Fwd: Problem with Mathematica 5.2 on G5 Macintosh Systems

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Tue Aug 16 20:30:13 EDT 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 7:11 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is off-topic, but may be a warning for some people on
> this list to *not* apply the latest G5 system Security Update.
[...]
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Wolfram Research <support at wolfram.com>
>> Date: 17 August 2005 8:03:23 AM
>> To: ross at ics.mq.edu.au
>> Subject: Problem with Mathematica 5.2 on G5 Macintosh Systems
>>

>> ** Important notification for users of G5 Macintosh systems
>> running OS X 10.4 **
>>
>> At approximately 8 p.m. PDT on Monday, August 15, Apple began
>> automatic distribution of Apple Security Update 2005-007 for Mac
>> OS X 10.4.2 (Tiger).
>>
>> Due to an error on the part of Apple, this update prevents any
>> 64-bit-native application from running. In particular, this means
>> that Mathematica 5.2 will not run on any G5 system if it has
>> installed this Security Update.

In MacInTouch ( http://www.macintouch.com/ ) a "MacInTouch Reader"
wrote:

``After installing the latest security update, libSystem.B.dylib is
no longer a fat binary (libSystem.B_debug.dylib and
libSystem.B_profile.dylib still are). The net result is that all my
64bit apps are now broken.''

Best,

Axel
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>