[OS X TeX] blank page output with pdflatex

Johann Philipp johann.philipp at web.de
Tue Aug 23 11:02:45 EDT 2005

Ok, I played a little and have come quite far:
After updating the printer driver I get some reasonable output, but
still it is not 100% perfect:
E.g. when I use within the article documentclass a \title with a
\thanks, the asteriks after the title and before the thanks-footnote is
visible in Preview but not on the printout. This effect shows when
printing the pdf as well as printing via dvips. Well, I guess the
printer driver is crappy and I have to live with it...
Also I have noticed, that the pdfs generated by pstopdf (Apple's tool)
print with above limitations well, but those by the ps2pdf tool look
fine in Preview, but printing gives a character mess on the paper
(looks like the characters of each word have huge spaces between each
other).

Hmmm, next time I'll buy a good postscript printer.

Regards
Johann

P.S.: Peter, thanks for the input, I'll test more, but first I'll try
to get into LaTeX again, as I haven't used it for quite a long time...

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>