[OS X TeX] using Latexit

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Mon Aug 22 10:13:19 EDT 2005

Hello

>>> 1.  Latexit is listed in the Services submenus of both the
>>> drawing programs, but when an expression such as \frac{df}{dx}
>>> is typed onto the art display area and highlighted, the Latexit
>>> service stays grayed out and unusable.  Not crucial, but it would
>>> be nice to have this type of interface.
> The LaTeXiT service can only receive a string as input, that can be
> processed by pdflatex. But if you find a way to get a string out of
> art display from Illustrator, that would be a good thing !
In fact, I did found a way to do that, but I could not test it since
my Illustrator Tryout expired, and won't let it resinstall. Damn Adobe.

>>> 4.  Both Canvas and Illustrator place the label object with a
>>> transparent background.  I've tried creating the label with a
>>> colored background in Latexit, and although the background
>>> display in Latexit is colored, the color is lost when pasted into
>>> the drawing programs.  Likewise I can't seem to make the drawing
>>> programs add an opaque fill to the object, so it blocks out the
>>> part of the figure under it.
> In LaTeXiT, you can change the background just for the visibility,
> for instance if your font color is white; but it does not alter the
> image. I prefer to systematically let the transparent background.
> If you really need it, you can export the image in JPEG format and
> choose a background color. But yes, it is not very handy since you
> loose the vectorial format.
Just to remind : better than that, you can yourself define the
background color in your latex source code ! For instance :
\pagecolor[rgb]{1,0,0}

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>