[OS X TeX] Please test this: (Modified by Gerben Wierda)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Aug 23 19:10:57 EDT 2005

Le 24 août 05 à 00:40, Vince McGarry a écrit :

> Why would I get this?
>
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
> ./tex-perf: line 5: ?: command not found
>         0.11 real         0.00 user         0.02 sys
>
> Obviously, the command is not being found.

I got that after pasting the script from Gerben's original message to
TextEdit. Move to line 5 (the one containing fmtutil), delete the
spaces before fmtutil, then enter a tab if you like.

I wonder whether the problem is not caused by the current non-
handling of tabs in Mail in Tiger. In Tiger, Mail does not use the
same underlying text engine as in Panther and before: it was changed
to WebKit, Safari's HTML engine. As a result, there are all sorts of
problem for the moment (did you notice the unwanted addition of blank
lines when you answer a message, and then the unwanted and apparently
random suppression of some blank lines when the answer is posted). If
I understood correctly, in its present version, Mail does not handle
tabs at all: indeed, if you enter a tab, and then move back with the
arrow, you'll notice the tab is actually a succession of four spaces.

According to stuff I read on the web about the upcoming 10.4.3
update, Mail should become able to handle tabs with this update.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>