[OS X TeX] using Latexit

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Aug 25 10:01:54 EDT 2005

Le 25 août 05 à 15:37, Pierre Chatelier a écrit :

>> 3.  Another issue. When a Latexit file is modified, there seems to
>> be no direct way to save its new version.
>>  One is asked to save the modified file as a new document, and
>> then if the same name is used, one is asked to overwrite the old
>> one.  Why not just a "save" in the file menu, and the new replaces
>> the old?
>
> It's debatable. Usually, a LaTeXiT document cannot be "saved". So,
> you suggest that I should add this possibility when the document
> represents a file... I think that it would add confusion, since
> sometimes, you could save, and sometimes, you couldn't. However, I
> am not sure that it would be so much confusion. What do people
> think about that ?

It would be nice to be able to save an equation, or a library of
equations, as a stand-alone LaTeXiT document. IIRC LaTeX Equation
Editor can do this. This would be interesting for applications that
do not include LinkBack support, or for people who prefer to have a
libraries of equations, to be used in several possible documents.

It would be nice, too, that in such cases the preamble be saved with
the equation (and the LaTeX code for the equation, of course).
Similarly, it would be nice to have the possibility of having several
different preambles to choose from, as with Equation Service.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>