[OS X TeX] New distribution of TeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Aug 27 08:12:30 EDT 2005

Le 27 août 05 à 12:09, Jean-Claude DE SOZA a écrit :

> I made a research in teTeX folder and didn't find any lmodern.sty
> as previously.
> Is it normal?

Which TeX setup are you using (2003, 2004, 2005)? I'm using using the
2005 one, and lmodern.sty is indeed there in /usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.tetex/tex/latex/lm/.

In the beginning the Latin Modern fonts weren't part of teTeX, and
the TeX i-Package installed them inside texmf.local. Then they were
included in teTeX. Accordingly, since around October 2004, they have
been installed in texmf.tetex.

Could you have one of the older setups, or a mixture of old and
recent setups?

What does "kpsewhich lmodern.sty" return? I get:

$ kpsewhich lmodern.sty
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/lm/lmodern.sty

(As an aside: please don't start a new thread by replying to a former
one, it messes up threading in Mail -- and Thunderbird too I imagine.)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>