[OS X TeX] Launch Services Caches Purge

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 02:47:22 EDT 2005

Le 29 août 05 à 03:52, Rene Borgella a écrit :

> From "CLIX"  <http://www.rixstep.com/4/> Freeware
>
> all as one line:
>
> sudo rm -fP /Library/Caches/
> com.apple.LaunchServices.LocalCache.csstore;rm -fP ~/Library/Caches/
> com.apple.LaunchServices.UserCache.csstore

These commands seem to apply to pre-Tiger OS X systems, in which the
Launch Services caches were

/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.6B.csstore
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.UserCache.csstore

I don't think they would work for Tiger, in which the Launch Services
caches are

/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-*.csstore

Using -f with rm seems a bit dangerous, but maybe I'm just getting
paranoid. In any case, thanks for the pointer to CLIX -- looks like a
useful application.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>