[OS X TeX] Enhanced carbon emacs and TeXShop under Tiger

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Aug 30 13:49:27 EDT 2005

Am 30.08.2005 um 00:10 schrieb Chris Swoyer:

> 1. The old emacs (from my use under OS 10.3) won't load. I see
>    that there is a new version. Should I trash the old one before
>    downloading the new binaries, or will it know how to overwrite
>    things.

The Apple package manager (Installer) knows how and that to delete
before installing newly, provided the old installation receipt is kept
(in /Library/Receipts).

> 2. Do I need to do anything to update TeXShop?

Yes. It's all documented in the TeXShop package. And then you'll
probably need to convert the headers of some of your old TeX files.

> 3. Do I need to do anything to update my TeX stuff (other than run
> i-Installer
> and check for updates)

TeX should not need any update. Even very old TeX will run on Tiger.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Bake Pizza not war!