[OS X TeX] ScriptEditor has taken over .tex!

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Tue Aug 30 15:52:49 EDT 2005

     I believe a related topic was discussed previously on this list,
but I wasn't able to track down the resolution (probably a wrong
search term on my part).  I recently upgraded to 10.4 and have
discovered that all my .tex files are now claimed by ScriptEditor.
If, in the file Info window, I try to change that to "TeXShop
(version 2.0)" with the "Open with" option and click the "Change
All..." button, the change simply does not stick.  Worse, that action
appears to reset some other .tex files I'd changed by hand back to
ScriptEditor!  Thus, it appears that I have to change each
individually -- and *not* click "Change All..." -- to get the
settings to stick.  Any suggestions other than hunting down and
changing all 400+ .tex files on my Mac by hand?  Any way to prevent
this from re-occurring?  Thanks in advance.

                                         -- Mike

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>