[OS X TeX] pdfsync problem in TeXshop 1.4

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Dec 1 11:09:42 EST 2005

Le 1 déc. 05 à 16:32, Zhi lin a écrit :

>> For LaTeX it should be in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex
>
> Oh, you mean I should put in in ~/Library, NOT /Library? By "under /
> Library/texmf/tex" I meant /Library/texmf/tex/(plain | latex |
> context)/  since there are three subfolders.   I'll test it when I
> get home.

If you decide to put files inside /Library/teTeX/, then they should
go inside the appropriate subfolders of /Library/teTeX/share/
texmf.local/. And afterwards you should open Terminal and type in:

	sudo mktexlsr

You'll be asked for an administrator password.

Files can be put either inside ~/Library/texmf/ or /Library/teTeX/
share/texmf.local/ (but never inside /Library/texmf/, which isn't
searched). There are several differences:

- ~/Library/texmf/ is searched first by the TeX executables, but is
only visible to your account, not to the other possible account
owners on your Mac. Any file put there will be seen.

- /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ is searched afterwards, and is
visible to all account owners on your Mac. However, when a file is
put there, you need to run "sudo mktexlsr" once (or "sudo texhash",
which is a symbolic link to it) before the TeX executables become
aware of it.

Sources of information on that:

- /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.texmf.gwtex

- /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.howtexfindsfiles

- <http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html#not%20found>

- <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/whereisstuff.html>

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin